The European Union (EU) passed an environmental regulation called REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals), which went into effect June 2007. REACH compliance requirements apply to EU businesses that import, use, or manufacture certain chemical substances in the EU.
- REACH Regulation - Boeing Q&A
- Boeing's EU-based suppliers should consider the applicability and compliance requirements associated with REACH.
- Boeing's EU-based suppliers should ensure the continued availability of substances and preparations used in manufacturing.
- REACH Update For EU Chemical Processors – June, 2019
- International Aerospace Environmental Group, Work Group 5 – REACH Authorisation
- Boeing's global suppliers should understand the presence of REACH Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs) in materials, parts, and assemblies delivered to Boeing. This information may later be requested by Boeing on behalf of our customers and suppliers based in the EU as required by the regulation.
More details on materials and substances declarations for Aerospace and Defense can be seen on the International Aerospace Environmental Group site here
For REACH questions relating to Boeing contracts, please contact your Boeing Procurement Agent. Technical questions about REACH may be emailed to the following:
Additional information on REACH can be found using the links below: